I'm beginning to think I may need to develop feathers and webbed feet. That may work better for the weather. My thought this morning was "man, Noah and his family must have been pretty depressed after 40 days/nights!" We are on like day 4 and I'm sick of it! I feel like I live in Florida rather than Illinois. I have lived there and survied a hurricane for that matter. That said, I must say that I'm thankful that we are just getting rain here and NOT hurricanes. Those poor people in Texas and along the Gulf!
This post will be many thoughts--no theme--it's Sunday and rainy so there!
Yesterday, I stayed busy the entire day by organizing closets, doing dishes, home-schooling, putting up shelving and filling it, pricing stuff for a garage sale, cleaning out toyboxes, straightening the girl's bedroom, toyroom, & doll room, and doing laundry. I have most of the stuff ready for the garage sale, but I just need to look in a few more places. Every time I have a garage sale, I do it with full intention of getting rid of everything that needs to be gone. We shake our head in disbelief every time a sale rolls around as I manage to find so much stuff considering we only had a sale 4 months ago. Crossing fingers**maybe this time!
I like to be encouraged, don't you? I love hearing good things that happen to people or ways God has worked a miracle. Of course nothing is a suprise to HIM, even though it may be a surprise to us. Today, some friends at church in our SS class shared a praise. This has all taken place in the last 5 days or so. They just had a baby girl and there were complications as far as strict bedrest for like 6 weeks, extra hospital visits, and a longer stay in the hospital for the baby--she's doing great now, BTW. Well, they didn't have maternity insurance anymore because well--this was a surprise type thing. Anyway, the had a pretty large amount they owed out of pocket (like 80% of the bills)!!! Now, if you have had a baby recently, you know generally how much a regular non-complicated one costs...add in complicated, high risk, longer stay, extra hospital stays etc...let's just say they anticipated paying on this bill for quite some time. Well, the company that he works for was sold to a different set of owners. If I understand correctly, the one that sold decided to give all of the employees there some $$. If you know how God works...you have already guessed it...the amount they are getting covers ALL of their medical bills!! How awesome is that?!? I could have jumped for joy for them right then & there!
I think I will take advantage of this rainy afternoon to rest and then maybe finish up some stuff I want to get done. I'm proud to report that my project of transferring VHS to DVD's is finally complete!!! Gotta love the DVR for being able to do that.
Well, rest sounds delightful so I will blog about Chicago another time.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
Rainy
Posted by heartsfulloflove at 2:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment