Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Bustling

There was much to be done today work-wise. It always seems there is before an extended weekend. Add to that the whole Christmas holiday and there were gifts to wrap and things to be purchased. Today, I went to Wal-Mart for the first time in 7 months! It definitely reminded me of all the reasons that I choose not to shop there personally. If others want to shop there--cool by me--I just don't care for it.
We had many laughs along the way at Wal-Mart--mostly at the crabby people. What else do you do when you stand in line at the deli for twice as long as it took you to gather a whole cart-full of stuff? People cut in line, the lady behind the counter was oh-not-so-pleasant. Of course, my mission was to be OH-SO-PLEASANT and find the humor in this crazy time. No reason to get crabby, it just makes it worse on everyone. After she finished huffing/snorting and plopping the meat onto the scale several times, we were on our way. The checkout line girl was "happy" sort of as well. She was so happy that the bag of sugar made a big thud as she threw it in the bag--more laughter from me. The soda was pretty tough as well as she struggled to find the "handle" in the 12 pack rather than just pick it up. The water was dangerous as apparently it was too heavy for her to fully lift and set down once she scanned it--another thud--lol! Mind you, this wasn't an elderly cashier or a little tiny one that couldn't lift--guess she just didn't want to trouble herself. On our way to the parking lot...through the slush/freezing rain we plodded. I forgot to mention that we attained great muscular exercise as the cart was too heavy to turn the corners and it took two of us. We were missing two things--a rolling pin and powdered sugar. WMT ran out!
On to pick up the girls and to Kroger. The slush/rain/sleet had worsened and not a parking space to be found. I was kind of asking myself if I was crazy on the way inside. With little trouble, I found the things needed for Christmas feasting...more summer sausage, cheese, Chex for party mix, juice for Christmas morning, egg nog for my little dark-haired mouse, and a partridge in a pear tree.
We went back to the pretty little brick street with the Christmas-village looking homes to soak in some more Christmas beauty.
I'm glad to be sitting inside with the ambiance of only the Christmas lights typing at my computer after all of that!
Nothing exciting in the mail--not even any Christmas cards =(. I think less people are sending them this year--IDK. Hubby is at work so not much going on here.
Tomorrow is my favorite day of the Christmas season. Christmas Eve feels so magical to me. It seems that the lights shine differently, children's eyes sparkle, and few things can compare to singing those Christmas carols by candlelight at the Christmas Eve service. I absolutely love Christmas music of all kinds and somehow for a few moments...those Christmas carols can take you back for a taste of Bethlehem on that night so long ago!
Merry Christmas!! Go make some memories and soak it all in this Christmas. Love to all!


Photobucket

0 comments: