Sunday, October 25, 2009

Another Weekend!!

What can I say, except we have been busy every waking minute of the weekend. What else is new?
Since it was warmer again and pretty we used every minute to get things done.

Friday evening was errands, dinner, and shopping night. It was fun!

Saturday morning started bright (or not so much) and early (definitely) with you guessed it--a few garage sales. We only went to 3, but we found some great items!
We ran a few more errands and then began some fall clean-up in the yard. Most of it involved pulling up old plants and mowing and cleaning out the garage. We decided to go get the new door for the porch, the tile, and some round top shutters for our large picture window.

Sunday consisted of church with me being in the nursery and children's church. I missed not being with Josh during any part of it =(. Following lunch, we dove into projects at home. We began taking out bushes #56-62 (I think that's about where we are on bushes we have removed from this property). No, I'm not exaggerating!! With that amount of bushes, one would think we live on a large expanse of land. Not the case everyone, we just happened to purchase a home where the owner REALLY LIKED BUSHES!! Very, very few remain. The few remaining consist of two lilacs and a couple of spirea and bridal wreath. I decided this week that bushes are too much maintenance for the short time that they actually do anything pretty.
Josh began tiling the back porch--yay!! I went over to my neighbor's for a fun afternoon looking at jewelry. She had yummy treats as well.

Now, it's time to wrap up the weekend and get ready for another week. I hope we can keep at least some mild weather coming our way. Right now, it is raining--yet again.

1 comments:

ADMIN said...

Rain sounds good. We have the Santa Ana winds here- and this time it's with a cold front. Windy and cold and dry as a bone!
Just think of how pretty your yard will be when spring comes, thanks to the rain!