Monday, December 7, 2009

Fun Weekend

It was packed and it was fun! It went so fast, I'm drop-dead tired.
I have seemingly caught a little sniffley thing that makes my eyes/head hurt. I'm hoping it is gone soon!

We started out Friday evening with a much-needed date night. Josh and I went to dinner and then to our church Christmas concert. It was beautiful and has 4 shows. It is also televised on Christmas Eve. Gorgeous music!

We came home and got ready for our trip to the burbs. We arose early on Saturday morning for some shopping and yummy eats in Oak Brook. Keirah opted to stay with grandma because she didn't want to go for some reason. Aliyah went along and had a date with mommy and daddy day. One of the first places we went at the mall was the Disney store. We no longer have one in our area as it closed down about a year ago. She wanted a Santa Buddies plush dog. They only had 2 left so she was in luck. The lady told us that they sold out before and now this was it. She looked so cute walking around...hot pink puffer jacket, hot pink big bow, pink balloon, and puppy in arms.
We enjoyed finding some Christmas gifts and some items that we needed like jeans for Josh.
Lunch was at none other than PF Changs. I was disappointed because they didn't have their S'mores dessert shots, but it was great anyway.

After coming home, we had some things to do at home, but didn't get them all done.

We spent a good portion of Sunday visiting our friend's church and then enjoyed dinner and fun conversaton at their home.

So, my stuff still isn't done, but I'm making strides! The Christmas cards are calling my name as is housework and gift wrapping. 'Tis the season!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your photo at the top of the page . . . it is awesome! Did you make copies? hint, hint

Sounds like you had a great time . . . oh to be able to just pack up and go. It would take me a week just to get ready. lol

hugs and love