Saturday, October 9, 2010

Blessed

This past week has been our "roughest" so far since little baby joined our family. Not rough at all when I think of what others go through. We just had some bumps along the way...bumps like little girl meltdowns of a sweet 4 year old and a newborn. By the time Friday afternoon arrived, I was spent as Josh works long hours on certain days. Tending to schoolwork, laundry, a baby, and the meltdowns, and having been sick...you get the idea.

I was so glad to have him get off work!! Everything almost instantly fixed when he walked through the door! We ate dinner at none other than Chili's and that fixed it too!

We had a lovely Friday evening all together and we even got some things accomplished at our house--like that nagging laundry. Having a sweet little one spit up in mom and dad's bed makes more laundry too =).

Anyway, it was a gorgeous day today! We ran a few errands and were able to pick up the newly re-released Beauty and the Beast movie for the girls. Keirah hasn't ever seen it and Aliyah hasn't seen it since she was much younger since we had it on VHS and we haven't had a VCR in YEARS! Anyway, they were excited. The weird thing for Josh & I is that came out when we were like 13 or 14 years old!!

If you have heard about the Similac formula recall, we had formula that fell into the recalled items. Fortunately, Noelliah hadn't eaten any of the possibly tainted stuff (for which I'm so glad). Well, the recalled cans we had were all samples that were sent to us by Similac or given to us by the dr's. office. With that being the case, we had to send them back to Similac in a box sent to us and pre-paid for Fed Ex. Again, I kind of figured they would send us new cans or something to replace our 4 recalled cans. They have the words "sample" "not to be sold" right on them. Similac has since sent us two $15.00 coupons for any formula purchase which we used today. It made our formula like $2.00 per can (awesome deal)! Oh yeah, I might add that the "reimbursement" wasn't supposed to take place for 6-8 weeks.

I got the mail in today and noticed an envelope from Similac--although they have corresponded with me almost every day this week with information about the recall. I opened it and read that they were giving us a free Shutterfly book--makes me happy and then...I unfolded the bottom of the letter which thanked us for returning the cans of formula. At the bottom was my check at which my mouth kind of dropped open. Yours will too...

The check was for $168.00! I looked at it 2-3 times. Remember, there were 4 cans and they were samples. WOW! For me, they have righted their problem obviously. That will go toward our deductible for Noelliah's dr. bill.

Tonight, when we were eating dinner, a lady at the table next to us asked us if we finally had our boy (referring to the baby in the seat). She couldn't see Noelliah, only the back of the baby seat. We told her "no" it was a girl. She said that they had all boy grandkids (9). She then told us we had a lovely family and I couldn't help but be thankful for God's blessings! Some days have those rough spots, but I know we are blessed beyond my imagination. He provides things I wouldn't ever have imagined!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Days can be rough, but when the day is all done and the little ones are in bed, the bad tends to melt away.

You have a beautiful family of little ladies!!!

God has truly BLESSED you.