I was just thinking the other day about how I was ready for a rainstorm. Tonight, we are getting one =). I think I wanted one for a "freshening up" outside. We have a large amount of dirt in our front yard from the water company's massive digging back in early Dec. I'm ready for grass to grow and the dirt on the street/sidewalk to wash away.
I'm looking forward to spring! Anyone who knows me knows I love leaving winter behind. Although, winter wasn't anything to complain about, I look forward to much-needed walks (more of them), swimming, trips, and garage sale-ing. It has become a bit of a family hobby to go sale-ing. We really find great stuff and YES we are very selective about where we go.
By now, we've come to know several great houses for sales. It is nice to know places that have my children's sizes that have the kinds of clothes I like for my children to wear!! It helps them and it helps me!!! I must say as I seem to say a lot lately that the price of everything has risen a TON!! I many times wonder how people afford to clothe their children!! I'm fortunate to have all girls who can pass down clothes to the others. We don't do all hand-me-downs as all of the girls do get new, non-garage sale clothes, but those certainly do help! It has been pretty easy for Noe because many times baby clothes can be only worn 1 time and then sold! It just so happened that I got Noe's Christmas dress that way. I got the older girls Christmas dresses on super sale at American Girl in the summer. Come fall, I went to a sale that I've come to know very well and they had a Christmas dress in Noe's size and in Navy blue which matched my other girl's dresses for $7!! I got brand new black shiny shoes with tags for $4 to match the dress. Oh yeah, the dress even came with a matching hairbow! Christmas outfit for Noe for $11 (only worn one time before and you wouldn't even know and in one of my favorite brands).
Some of my other favorite finds have come from local shops here that re-do vintage furniture. I have a thing for old architecture and furniture from different eras. I tend toward 30's 40's because I think it matches the style of my house (since it was built in the 40's). I found a wonderful vanity built like a tank for $235. That was my Christmas gift from Josh. It gets a TON of use with us 4 girls!
The other thing I found was my china cabinet/buffet for the kitchen. It was re-done beautifully as well and was the perfect size!! When we furniture shopped for them, they were running $2000 and up and were too big for the space we had for one. This one was $225 and adorable! I may paint it a different color, but it is fine for now.
I was happy to get a nap this afternoon. The 20 minutes really helped! Life just seems to be really busy at times and you need that boost!! Hope you all have a blessed week!
Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Rainy Night
Posted by heartsfulloflove at 10:03 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment