Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Catch*Up

**Update...please see a few posts below to see my garage sale post. I wrote it a few days ago and just now posted it.

WOW--I've pretty much neglected online life for a week now. I've had pop-in visits every now and then, but haven't updated anything or read much for that matter.

I guess when summer comes, computer time gives way to swimming, yard work, housework, work, and whatever else clamors for attention. Now that I have begun a nice holiday weekend, I can update =).

Let's see...I took the girls swimming almost all day Saturday. We got some nice brown coloring on our skin and had lots of fun. Keirah loved the fountains, jumping in the deep pool, and watching Aliyah play in the water playground. Aliyah pretty much loved it all. She's part fish you know. I liked the "chill" factor of it all. For some reason, if you give me some water and sun in the summer (a pool or the ocean or a lake), I can relax and have a blast!

We originally had plans to spend the weekend of the 4th in Chicago this year, however...
Aliyah wanted to enter a coloring contest (a fourth of July one). She colored and was all excited about it. To tell you the truth, I thought it was probably one of her not-so-great ones and I didn't even want to turn it in. A few Friday nights ago, we spent a good 15 minutes trying to locat the place to turn it in. They were closed already and we put it in a slot. I reminded her that we don't always win, but she was satisfied that we turned it in and I figured that was that.
We had a call on our answering machine a couple of days ago and I thought they would say she got 3rd maybe 2nd at best...nope she won! Well, the prize is a 4th of July party thing at a local facility located on the riverfront. It is for a family of four and includes reserved parking and a primo spot for the fireworks, along with swimming, bouncy things and games for the kids etc... She was so excited. Me= surprised for sure! So, since it falls right in the middle of the weekend...and Josh works part of the day Friday...no Chicago this time.

Our projects are coming along nicely (when we have time to work on them).

By they way, "The Proposal" is very cute and I loved it!

I plan to begin posting my garage sale finds. They have been awesome this year. I may or may not post pictures though. I go to garage sales for fun from time to time--typically if there is a 4 pm sale or maybe a few on a Saturday morning.

Big weekend decision: where to go on vacation...I guess where isn't as much the question as what can we afford. We need some time away, however we tend to spend $$ on doing projects at our house. Who knows...we have to get it nailed down as it is coming fast. Aliyah is really hoping for Florida.

I have a lengthy to-do list for the holiday weekend. I can't believe the unseasonably cool weather we are having. I don't mind because it saves us money on the energy bill. However, it takes swimming out of the picture. It barely got to 70 today. Last week, it felt like 120 degrees!

Well, have a safe and happy 4th of July!!



Photobucket

0 comments: