I can't say enough how nice it is to be having a break from extra projects at home. That simply means that we don't have any underway at the current time. We do have a couple of things on the "project" list, but we are saving them for "rainy days".
Aliyah went to VBS tonight, so we dropped Keirah off for a little visit with grandma P. While she was gone, Josh and I took a bike ride. It's hard because Keirah is at the in-between age of not being a baby, but not able to really ride a bike with us. She keeps requesting a Dora bike. She tells us it comes from Target--she's right.
Josh and I rode all over--all around the subdivision by our house, and just all around the neighborhoods that are close to our house. It is amazing the ground you can cover so quickly on a bicycle. The bikes are great and the price was too. The back brake on Josh's squeaks--so we need to ask my dad about that. He used to be an avid bike rider, but not so much anymore.
I also determined that bike riding is a great way to see all kinds of houses and landscaping. It's kind of like a garden tour on wheels.
July has been so mild! I think that we have only used the A/C once or twice--the whole month! It has been wonderful for porch nights on the new porch.
Oh yeah, ever since I talked to the parents of the "rock throwing boys", I haven't even seen them around. That is quite unusual since they are always out and about. Maybe mom and dad are watching them more closely these days--I hope. No one wants to see a little kid get hurt or even killed because they were outside with no supervision and pretty far from home. I also wouldn't want to be the poor person that could accidentally not see them riding/running in the street and hit them with the car. I failed to mention that these same children ride their bikes all over the place without paying attention to cars--not good! My children have a really tight restriction on bicycle riding. They can go the length of the sidewalk in front of our house to the next door neighbors driveway where they turn and come back. That is with me watching. If we go on a walk, Aliyah rides her bike most of the time and we make her stay close to us.
As far as wandering the neighborhood, they aren't allowed to do that either. They can play inh the backyard or in the front--if I am out there.
We are hoping for a pool day tomorrow if it gets warm enough. 
Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Nice
Posted by heartsfulloflove at 9:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment