Friday, October 10, 2008

Chillin

Since I have been going since this morning, I am finally chillin with time to myself in my new chair. Aliyah is playing Leapster and Keirah is sleeping. I am happy to report that everything on yesterday's list was crossed off with the exception of seeding the yard. We had to wait until after it was aerated. In case you don't know, that's where the machine gets all of those plugs out to help the grass grow, drink, and flourish basically. It is messy until it washes away--looks kind of like tons of doggy doo.
Once I got started on removing bushes, I couldn't stop. I removed #46, 47, & 48 tonight. I like it! Now there are some new possibilites for the area they came from. It could be a flower bed or patio. I'm just kind of tired of grooming bushes all of the time. If they don't flower, I don't really have a use for bushes. All of the remaining bushes in my yard are flowering...forsythia, lilac, spirea, bridal wreath, and this red one that blooms in the spring, oh and bittersweet.
My mom stopped at an afternoon garage sale today and found several Gymboree items for Keirah--yay!
I am excited for tomorrow morning as I will have some girl time. A co-worker and myself are going to a card stamping session. We are doing 11 different Christmas cards. I love Stampin' Up, however I do much better when someone has already designed something and has the items all there and I can just do it. I will not be doing any Stampin' Up projects on my own for Christmas I doubt. I did last year for Aliyah's teachers at church. Things are just too busy with school every night.
The weather is supposed to be in the 80's tomorrow and pretty nice Sunday as well. Since we don't have any guarantees of 80 degree days after this, I'm going to soak up every ray of warmth that I can. It is going to be cool next week. If I had my way, I would go swimming.
I received my Shutterfly book yesterday--it only took 2 days to get to me. I can't ever remember it coming so quickly. My girls LOVE to sit and flip through all of the pages. It turned out very cute. The bad thing is, it makes us want to go to Chicago ASAP!! We hope to go back on November 1st--maybe! Here's to hope you all are chillin' this weekend as well!

0 comments: