Sunday, August 3, 2008

Mowing

At 8 pm, I decided to mow the yard. I was entirely sick of being inside the house and the girls were wanting to go outside and swing. It was a great opportunity to do something sweet for my love who has worked all weekend. Granted, this is my first time mowing the entire yard. I made some important observations during the mowing tonight:

  • Josh is SUPER at mowing--he makes cool lines that are straight or diagonal--this changes from week to week
  • mowing is a great form of exercise especially if you let the bag get REALLY full like I did
  • our yard is the largest in the neighborhood--it's not acres or anything but a good size for a city lot
  • sometimes it gets hard to maneuver a lawnmower (when the bag is really full and heavy)
  • it made me sweat

Josh was very excited and he pulled up at the perfect time...I had just finished the whole yard and was ready to empty the bag. He emptied it for me and it was packed full!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

EVERYONE SEEMS TO BE ON A GROWING SPURT! I still have shoes to buy for school . . . lucky me!

Jeanette said...

Two words - mulching mower = no bags to dump :} Sounds like you did a good job though.